As I look back on the week, I realize what a roller coaster ride we have been on. Brent's dad, Max, was put in the hospital on Friday night, (2/5). He was admitted with pneumonia and was transferred to UNM hospital on 2/7. Brent's dad is one sick guy. He has had a heart attack, quadruple bypass surgery, kidney transplant, and is now on dialysis. He has also lost his vision. He is very weak. Because of all these illnesses, he has been in and out of the hospital a lot. So we thought this would be no different. We were wrong!!!!
Brent and I took his mom, Carolyn, up to Albuquerque on Monday, 2/8. There was a storm moving in and she didn't want to drive up there in it. Brent and I decided that she needed to be up there with his dad so we took her. We came home on Tuesday praying that the doctors would be able to find out what was wrong. At the time they were treating him for hospital acquired pneumonia. He has been being treated for pneumonia since November. The doctors finally found that he had cryptococcus and meningitis. It is a strange, rare fungus and it was growing in his lungs. They started treatment and on Thursday, his blood pressure got dangerously low, he was non-responsive and the doctors did not think he was going to make it through the night. This was between 10 and 11 on Thursday morning. We left as soon as we could and by the time we were getting into Albuquerque he was doing so much better. He was eating and was talking. He still wasn't out of the woods. He has been doing better but today, he was taking a turn for the worse. They did a spinal tap. His pressure on his brain was up to 190 and 120 is normal. They have told us he will be in the hospital from 4 to 6 weeks. I pray that he heals. I pray that it happens quickly but I know that all of these things happen in God's timing and God's timing is not our timing.
I hope and pray that he will be well enough until we receive our referral. I can't wait to tell him about his granddaughter. I would love for him to live long enough for us to bring her home. I know that God is in control of this but sometimes it gets very hard.
My in-laws are the best. They are great grandparents to my kids. My boys absolutely adore them. Ryan loves his grandma so much. It is so hard for him when she is in Albuquerque. He wants to see her every single day. He cries for her. My Garrett is so sweet with his grandpa. Since grandpa can't see, he makes sure that grandpa doesn't trip or run into things. They have such a special relationship that I worry about him when grandpa isn't here anymore.
Please pray for my family. It is hard. Pray that God gets the glory in all of this and that we all accept whatever He is going to do. My prayer is that He hurries up too! I know that He is going to do whatever He wants in His timing, but hey it doesn't hurt. :)
Thanks for all the prayers that have already been given on our behalf. We appreciate it more than you know and can feel them.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment