Waiting has taken on a whole new meaning to me. We haven't been waiting long when compared to other AWAA families. We have only been waiting three months since submitting our dossier but sometimes it feels like FOREVER and other times it feels like yesterday.
I'm not a patient person anyway, never have been but God and adoption have a way of molding me into one. Isaiah 64:8, "And yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, and you are the potter. We all are formed by your hand," brings new meaning to my life as we anxiously wait for a referral. God is making me into what He wants me to be. I never imagined I would adopt a child, yet alone from the other side of the world. I didn't know a single orphan and honestly didn't care about them. Now don't get me wrong, I love kids, love teaching them and playing with them but that did not involve orphans. God used Compassion International to change that. I will never forget standing at the sponsorship table looking at all the precious faces who needed sponsorship. How do you pick just one? I asked the compassion advocate for a little girl from Guatemala. He couldn't find one but found one from Ethiopia. Looking back a year later, I now know why he couldn't find one. God wanted to lead us to Ethiopia. I can't wait to travel to pick up our daughter and meet my sponsored daughter too.
Ethiopia is on my mind all the time! God keeps putting Ethiopia in my path. A co-worker of mine hired an employee who spent time in Ethiopia in the Peace Corp. She has friends in Ethiopia and she is going to teach us some Amharic. Amazing that this is happening in Southeast New Mexico, I think not. It is absolutely positively God's hand at work in all the details of this adoption.
Follow along as we wait to bring baby girl home.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment