Where have the last nine years gone? Our family has changed drastically in the last nine years and I did not see most of it coming. The Lord had different plans for our family for sure and I am so grateful that we chose to follow His plans rather than sticking to our own! My how He has blessed us!!!
Nine years ago, I was in labor in Carlsbad anxiously awaiting the birth of our baby girl. Yes, that's right I said girl! You see we were parents who chose to have an ultrasound to see what our baby was going to be. My doctor said he was 95% sure we were having a girl so we were waiting to see what Madison Elizabeth would look like! Well, after being in labor for 27+ hours, Dr. Adams decided we were going to do a C-section since my labor was not progressing. So about 5:30 pm, we went to the OR and were ready to have our baby girl. Well, as "she" was born, Dr. Adams said, "Oh, she just turned into a boy and he is peeing everywhere!" Needless to say, we were very surprised that we had a boy when we were expecting a girl! That is how Garrett Max came to be!
Nine years ago, I had no clue how to be a "mommy." I had not made a bottle, burped a baby, changed a diaper, put a baby to bed, bathed a baby, dressed a baby, or any of the other things that mommies do for their babies. I quickly learned and when I look back to that day in October when Garrett was born and we became parents, I thank God that He was with us and continues to lead our family.
I am so grateful and proud of the young man Garrett is becoming. He has such a heart for the poor and wants others to be as blessed as he has been. He can't wait to go on mission trips and return to Africa to play soccer with the African children. He loves football, Texas Tech, Denver Broncos and all video games. He has learned to play the guitar and loves to learn to play Christian praise music. He loves to help with his baby sister and is so proud of her and where she has come from. He tells me at least once a day how much he loves having a baby sister. It makes this mommy heart proud to hear this.
Garrett, we love you so much and are so proud of you. We can't wait to see where the next nine years take you. We pray that your heart will continue to grow in the ways of the Lord and that you continue to shine for Him and Him alone!
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment