When I stop and think that three months ago, our daughter was placed in our arms forever. We received the most precious gift three months ago. It seems hard to believe it has only been three months because it seems like she has been with us forever. She really has come so far in three months! Three months ago, she was fussy before/after she ate because she needed her formula switched, she had giardia, she couldn't sit up very well on her own, wasn't crawling, couldn't grasp cheerios to feed herself, the list goes on and on.
Now, she is a happy, healthy girl who her family loves so very much. She is crawling ALL over the place, standing up and cruising along furniture and wherever else she can. She loves going into her brothers' bedroom to see what they are doing. She smiles all the time. She has brought such joy to our home. We had no idea Ella would have so much personality and we are just blessed and amazed at her. She is sweet and sassy! She has her brothers wrapped around her little finger as they will do anything for her and are so protective of her. I absolutely love it!
I'm so thankful for the past three months and seeing the changes in her. God has been great to us and it really is indescribable the way our family has bonded. It is evident that God has been at work in our home and continues to be at work. We wouldn't be where we are if it wasn't for Him.
We miss Ethiopia every day and are so thankful for our time there. We love the people and the country and really can't wait until we can return again. I don't know when we will go again, but I do know that we will be back in Ethiopia one day. Whether it is for mission work or adoption, only the Lord knows. I'm excited to see what He wants us to do there and ask for you to pray for us for clarity and wisdom.
As we celebrate our three month Gotcha Day, I'll leave you with a picture of Ella and her brothers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment