During our adoption journey, we strongly felt God calling us to start an Orphan Care/Adoption Ministry in our church. Several of us prayed for many months that our adoption of Ella would be a catalyst for God's call to care for orphans in our church. My husband and I prayed for many months with other church members and our pastors about this and it was a go. We wanted to focus on foster care because there is a huge need in our city for foster families. We also wanted to give people information about adoption. We had a kick off Sunday where our sermon was about orphans followed by a lunch for anyone who wanted more information on foster care and adoption. The lunch was packed and we were in awe of God.
Fast forward several months and with my earthy eyes, I wasn't seeing any action. I prayed to my Father wondering why. I knew we had been called to this but I was frustrated because nothing was happening. Well my Father who has much better eyes than me was working in people's hearts but I just couldn't see. All within a matter of a few days of feeling like nothing was happening, I found out that one couple was looking into foster care and another had sent for the information packet from AWAA. Isn't He amazing? He really does hear and answer prayers! He really does call you to do things for Him! I'm telling you that He doesn't call you to do comfortable things, He calls you to do things that only He can do through you! I love my God!
I can't wait to see what He does next! And I am so thankful that He is willing to show me over and over again that He is faithful to those who call His name!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment