Wednesday, August 3, 2011

One Year Ago


One year ago, we stood on a magical porch waiting to meet our daughter in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I was nervous, excited, and in awe. What would she be like? Would I love her instantly? How would Garrett react? How would she react to us? Would she cry? So many questions and thoughts were racing through my mind at that moment but the instant she was brought out to us, the world.stopped.for.a.few.seconds! This was my daughter who we had prayed for and we were really here meeting her, going to court in two days to legally make her a Thomas.


One year later, I'm still in awe of God.  I'm in awe that He chose her for our family. I'm in awe that He called us to adopt when it wasn't on our radar. I'm in awe that we followed Him on this journey. Was it scary? ABSOLUTELY! Did we grow closer to God? ABSOLUTELY! Was it worth every wait, delay, tear, and fear? ABSOLUTELY!

Ella is the joy of our lives.  Her brothers completely adore her.  Whereever we go, Ella draws people to her.  People love her.  She has a radiant joy about her that just draws people.  I am so in love with this baby girl and love to watch her grow.  She runs with her brothers, demands attention, makes us laugh every day, and is learning faster than we can keep track of. 

I'm so thankful for this journey and the things we learned about ourselves, our community, our boys, each other, and most importantly our God.

0 comments: