Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A big overflowing heart of love


Praying all the time
Preparing my heart, mind, family and home
Anticipation at what she looks like, if she is healthy, when the referral call will come
Hopeful that it is a quick wait and a smooth transition for our family
Excitement for the unknown
Fear of the unknown
Wonder at how she will fit in our family
Amazing love at how God loves me and adopted me
These are just a few thoughts that come to mind as we prepare for our daughter.

First, I can't believe I will have a daughter!  It will be so fun to have pink! Do you know how long I have wanted to dress someone in pink and put hair bows and headbands in hair? I can't wait for the fun of dressing her up!  I love my boys so much but a girl to teach how to be a mommy! Oh the anticipation of it all!

I continue to stand in awe of God.  He is so faithful and so interested in every step of this process.  He knows every detail and it will all work out in His timing.  I'm not anxious about the details and really I am calm and relaxed.  Its kind of like a secret between God and our family - only God is the only one that knows the details and when it is time, He will tell us!

Adoption is an indescribable love.  It is crazy to me that I love this little girl so much but know nothing about her.  The only thing I know is that we have requested a 9-18 month old.  I know no details of her but God does. He knows everything about her and is protecting her until it is time for her to come home. The process started with this calling from God to adopt an orphan.  We started to love her when we began the paper chasing and the love has grown immensely.  Can you imagine that this is how God loves us? If you really think about it, it will blow your mind!

My favorite verse through this process has been Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future."  God knew the plan for my family would include adoption.  I didn't but He did and it has not harmed us but giving us hope and a future with an orphan who otherwise wouldn't have a family.  We love you little girl and we are coming for you!  You have two big brothers who pray for your safety every night and can't wait to teach you all the things you need to know.

3 comments:

Becca on January 20, 2010 at 1:50 PM said...

Are you adopting through AWAA? Congrats on DTE and I look forward to hearing you have a referral soon!

lovebeingamom on January 21, 2010 at 10:52 AM said...

Our prayers are with you and your family. We are so excited for you!!

The Thomas Family, Artesia, NM on January 22, 2010 at 9:27 PM said...

Becca - we are adopting through AWAA. Thanks!