Friday, January 29, 2010

Is college harder than multiplication?


Since school was on a 2 hour delay today, I dropped Ryan off at Grandma's this morning and Garrett came to the office with me before I took him to school.  We were talking about different things, he played his PSP, and then he read his library book.  He returned to talking to me a few minutes before it was time to take him to school.  He asked me, "Mom is college harder than multiplication?"  I love this kid to pieces! I told him college was harder than anything he was doing in second grade.  I'm so grateful that he is thinking about college and is already planning where he wants to go.

Tonight, Ryan spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's so Garrett and I went on a date.  He doesn't like it when I say "date" but I tell him the first person he is going to date is his mom.  We went to the see the movie, "Tooth Fairy."  It was super cute and he liked it.  We went and ate a hamburger after at Whataburger and then drove home.  He feel asleep on the way home - I guess our "date" wore him out.

I love spending time with my kiddos one on one.  Thank you God for great kids!  I can't wait for our daughter to date her daddy! It brings a smile to my face when I think about it.

1 comments:

Paul and Megan Hawkes on February 2, 2010 at 11:38 AM said...

Thanks for sharing your family with me. I love the information on Ethiopia. Thanks again.