Thursday, January 14, 2010

Teachable Moments.....


I've had many teachable moments with Garrett this week.  I guess that's what happens when he comes to the office after school with me.  On Monday, we were driving to pick up Ryan from the sitters and Garrett asked me why Caed moved to Dallas.  (Caed is a little boy who he became quick friends with at the beginning of school.  Caed's family moved to Dallas so that his dad could go work with I-go Global.)  I told Garrett that sometimes God asks us to do things that seem crazy to other people. I said God asked James to move to Dallas to work with I-go Global.  I then told him that it was kind of like when God asked our family to adopt from Ethiopia that it seems crazy to other people.  I told him that when God asks us to do something we need to do it no matter how crazy it seems to other people.  He said okay.

I cherish these teachable moments with him.  Thank you God for precious children!

1 comments:

jamullins on January 16, 2010 at 8:49 PM said...

Hi! Congratulations on being DTE! Hope your wait time is short!