Tuesday, May 11, 2010

We are ON DECK!!!!!


Today we celebrated 5 months of waiting! We have been trying to celebrate by doing something fun.  It didn't happen tonight but today we got to celebrate with praise because we received our "on deck" email!  That means that we are so close to seeing your sweet face baby girl.  I was checking Facebook and noticed that the Fulmer family had received their "on deck" email today so I thought I would check our email to see if we happened to get one and WE DID!!!  I cried when I saw that email from Caitlin, our Family Coordinator, with the subject line, "On Deck!"  I immediately called dad to tell him.  He got chills! I came home from work to read the entire thing.  It was like music to my ears!  Daddy said he tries not to think about it too much because it makes him emotional.  I have a feeling that you are going to have him wrapped around your finger in no time!

Normally, we try to do something fun like have ice cream or cake on the monthly anniversary of waiting but daddy was working nights so after baseball practice the boys and I went to eat with Grandma.  It was fun but we sure did miss daddy.  Grandma and Grandpa are moving to Albuquerque tomorrow so that Grandpa can get better care in a new nursing home.  We pray that he continues to improve as he has been lately.  Praying that he doesn't miss the boys too much and that we can make frequent trips to Albuquerque.

After I talked to dad, I sent out text messages to our friends who have been praying for us and for you.  They are thrilled and cannot wait to meet you sweet girl.  Ryan and Garrett can't wait to see you.  They constantly tell anyone who will listen that their sister will be here soon and that they can't wait to see  your face.  Sweet girl, you are already so loved and we don't even know your name!

3 comments:

lovebeingamom on May 11, 2010 at 10:01 PM said...

Congratulations!! It sounds like things are moving along! Slowly I'm sure for you but I'm glad you are seeing progress.

Tiffany on May 18, 2010 at 8:08 AM said...

Oh, congratulations!! What wonderful news. I can only imagine all that you are feeling. Your blog is so sweet. (Came over from the yahoo group - mtc92405) I will be following you!
Blessings, Tiffany

Debb on May 18, 2010 at 6:27 PM said...

Here's praying that this is your week to SEE pics of your sweet baby girl!!!! (I'm a fellow AWAA YG member)