Monday, August 16, 2010

Traveling to Ethiopia



On July 31, we met at the church at 1 pm so that members from our church family could pray over us.  Before we went to the church we prayed in our driveway, just the four of us. It was great just to hear the prayers from my kids.  We then went to the church. So many of our friends whom have walked this journey with us were there.  The Hazelbakers, Krafts, Hafligers, Kirklands, Esquibels, Conns, Heather Lieb, Sue Kizer, and Mike Spencer.  What an awesome experience!  We prayed for court, for Ella's birth mother, bonding, safety, and that God would be with us every step of the way! Jason prayed for what God was going to do in Garrett's heart. I can't wait to see what happens!

We drove to Albuquerque on July 31 and stayed the night at Brent's aunt's house.  We got up and went to the airport. We flew from Albuquerque to Houston. We then flew from Houston to Frankfurt, Germany. When we checked in with our bags in Albuquerque, the ladies at the Continental counter only charged us $150 instead of $200! One of our bags was overweight and she didn't even weigh it! Go God!

I am hoping I can get some sleep soon! I took some Benadryl, usually that knocks me out! I can't wait to get to ET! I am so excited to meet my daughter but also adoption friends I have prayed for and talked with online for months! So many emotions that will need to be processed in the next few days!

John 14:18 keeps going through my mind! "I will  not leave you as orphans. I will come to you. What an awesome statement from my Savior! It not only applies to me spiritually but it also applies to my sweet Ella!

What a trip we have had! We arrived in Ethiopia around 7:30 pm on August 2. We got off the plane, got our Visas in Ethiopia, got our luggage and went through security. Once we made it through security, we got out to the lobby and were greeted by David and Job  from America World. We also flew in with three other AWAA families. One of the families, the Williams' we met while waiting for our plane in Germany. The other two families, the Barrams and the Hawkins we met when we arrived at the airport.  David and Job loaded our luggage and took us to the Guest House. We got checked in and quickly went to bed. We were exhausted!

0 comments: