Recently I posted on FB, "The more my heart aches for my girl, the more I understand how much God's heart aches for His children until we ask Him to be our Father!"
The adoption journey for our family has been about so much more than gaining a child. We have grown in our walk with our Father, we have grown into a deeper relationship with each other, we have seen our children think beyond themselves, and we have seen our church family and friends accept this step with open hearts. The support we have received from our church family and friends is absolutely amazingly overwhelming. It is beyond exciting to see how my kids "get it." They understand that their sister needed us to be her family so she can be loved and learn about Jesus.
Did I ever think 13 years ago when I married my best friend, that we would be traveling across the world and spending $30,000 for our third child? No, the thought never once crossed my mind. We were comfortable and living the dream. Then one day, out of the blue (or so we thought), God asked us to care for the least of these. We could hear and feel God speaking to us saying, "I have given you so much. I make sure your family is taken care of. Step out of your comfort zone and use your savings for something bigger than yourselves." Have you ever had God say something like that to you? It hurts and you want to run away but He pursues you because He loves us and He passionately cares for the least of these. I compare the feelings and heart aches I have being away from Ella to how God feels about His lost children. Do I know how He feels? No, but I believe this is similar to it. The story of the Prodigal Son is in Luke 15 and you can read about how happy the father is that his son is returning to him. This is how God feels each time a lost child asks Him to be Abba Father. God our Father rejoices with each new life in Christ because He loves us.
We are rejoicing because of God's perfect timing in bringing our daughter to our family. His plan is perfect all the time! I know our heartaches and our hurts are just a small glimpse of how much our Father loves us.
Will you consider doing something for the least of these?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Such a sweet post! Praying that your aching heart will be overflowing with JOY in just a short few weeks! Blessings to you!
Post a Comment