What a blessed Easter we had!!! We woke up and the kids enjoyed their baskets. It was Ella's first Easter and it was just so fun to watch her with the eggs and the candy and her book. What a blessing the Lord has given us in her. I just look at her and smile because she is such a gift!
We then got ready for church. I could hardly contain my thoughts and my smile as we left to celebrate the resurrection of my Lord. I was also very excited to see my husband baptize our oldest son. Many times during the worship songs, I felt my eyes get teary. Not only was I teary because of the gift our God gave us but teary as I pictured two of my loves in the baptistry together.
It was a short service as our pastor laid out the plan of salvation and then he opened it up for anyone who wanted to be baptized. We were praying for forty baptisms and fourteen had already signed up in the weeks prior to Easter so we were hoping for at least twenty six more. That was good right?!?
Who are we to doubt what our God can do? As the invitation was opened, people streamed out of the sanctuary and I was in awe of my God. I was expectantly wanting to see how many more. After about 5-7 minutes of silence (you see we had only planned two worship songs and communion while we waited for the forty people). As I glanced to my right, I saw a steady stream of many, many new believers following in obedience. I was in AWE! The silence finally came to an end as the baptisms began.
Baptism after baptism took place. Finally, my husband and my son were in the baptistry and as I saw my sweet boy raise out of the water, I saw something new on him. It was the Holy Spirit. The baptisms continued and with each new believer, I imagined the party in heaven. A sweet lady was the last baptism. A sweet lady who I admire so much. A lady who prayed my baby girl home, who gave sacrificially to get her here so to see her follow in baptism was the icing on the cake. She is an awesome Christian woman who had never followed through with believer's baptism and as she rose from the water, she became more godly.
We all though the baptisms were over and then at the last minute someone from the congregation ran on stage, jumped over the wall into the baptistry and said, "wait - there's one more!" and he was baptized! It was awesome, amazing, humbling and beautiful!
Shortly after service, we received a text that said "51 baptisms!" Why did we doubt that God would bring us forty?!? Who are we to doubt how big our God is?!?
It was a beautiful, relaxing day that was spent with my family. A complete family this year celebrating our RISEN LORD! Thank you Jesus that my baby girl is home. Thank you Jesus that Garrett was baptized. Thank you for adopting us into your family.
I promise - I will post pictures later from Easter - we were all too cute~ :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment