Thursday, July 29, 2010

Packing, packing, and more packing!!!!


What have I been doing, packing! Oh my goodness, we have so many donations to take with us to Ethiopia.  I think we may have to leave some of them and take with us on our next trip when we bring our daughter home.

Garrett is going with us and as I was packing tonight, he asked me why I hadn't packed any of our clothes yet.  I told him I was packing as many donations as I could fit.  It is true, I have packed four of the six bags we can take as of right now.  I still have many donations to take and all of our clothes to take.  We are only taking a few outfits with us because they can do laundry for us at the guest house.

I can't wait to meet our daughter!  We received an update on her today from our agency.  She now weighs 17 pounds which means she has gained four since we received our referral.  She is eating some solid foods and can roll over.  The nannies also said that she likes it when she has all the attention on her.  Her daddy said, "I'm so glad she will fit in!"  She also likes toys that make music.  We received video of her this week from a sweet family who traveled to pick up their daughter last week.  Ella gives the biggest smile ever in one of the videos that shows her big dimples.  I can't wait to kiss those dimples next week.  This is so surreal!

Please pray for the following things for our court date:

1) That our entire file including our recommendation letter from MOWA is at court.

2) That either Ella's birth mother would be in court or that the police's investigation of her whereabouts would be sufficient evidence for us to pass court.

3) Pray for us as we give our answers to the judge that we would not be nervous.

Thank you so much friends!  We love you sweet girl and are coming soon!

0 comments: