Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Waiting for Court


I never thought about how excited I would be to hear, "You have been submitted to court."  I am ecstatic and can't wait until I get the call that says your court date is on ???? day.  We are so close to court closures that I don't know if it will be before or after the courts close.  You ask why do courts close in Ethiopia. It is because the rains are so bad that it washes the roads away and people can't travel.  It is so hard for us in America to wrap our heads around it because our roads are paved.  We are such a blessed and spoiled nation!

So as we wait for a court date, we are praying for these specific things and would love for you to join us:

1) We would have a court date before closures and pass the first time.  50% of families don't pass the first time.

2) The birth mother would be located and would attend court.  We really want her to be in court because we really want to talk to her about what she most desires for our daughter.

3) For Ella's continued health.  It is winter there now and she has already been sick with a cold and chicken pox.  Pray that God would keep her healthy.

I think that is it for now.  We appreciate all your prayers!

1 comments:

Mark and Wendy on July 14, 2010 at 12:38 AM said...

I am praying earnestly with you! My biggest dread was of receiving a referral right before closures and having the wait extended...so I have an idea of how you're feeling, and am praying so much for your family!